We don’t know what we don’t know, and to discover this blind spot, the best we can do is to ask questions. Asking a question is the key to unlock the world full of knowledge. And actually asking questions is one of the best ways that software testers can add value. It is important to note that we – testers – ask about ‘how?‘, ‘why?’ or/and ‘under what circumstances?‘.
So what are the right questions?
- are brought up at the right time
- open minds
- challenge the listener’s knowledge base
- challenge the way of thinking
- make people to shift paradigms
- create thinkers
- bring knowledge to the table
- expose unseen problems or root causes